March 2017 – Present
Siloam Springs, Ark.
Software designer/ developer & Project manager
The Belford Group
January 2011 – March 2017
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the web presence of multiple clients
- Developed project concepts and maintain optimal workflow
- Captured and analyzed a client’s needs, applied learnings to the design and development of chosen solution, coordinated with clients on proposed changes
- Provided design and development on custom database-driven software applications
- Conducted quality assurance tests to discover errors and optimize usability
- Specialized in church, medical and parks and recreation department websites
- Created documentation on software applications, and internal processes, for use by project team members and clients
- Identified work tasks and due dates, assign to team members, oversaw scheduling of project milestones
- Trained new team members on software team processes, standards and procedures
August 2010 – December 2010
- Assisted customers
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
March 2010 – December 2010
- Designed and developed new Web sites for the Illini Girls Engaged in Math and Science (GEMS) and the Institute for Chemistry Literacy through Computation Science (ICLCS) programs in Joomla.
- Maintained the ICLCS Moodle and monthly newsletter for participants.
- Helped to organize the Illini GEMS 2010 summer workshop on biodiversity for middle-school girls.
- Designed the GEMS logo.
Junior Web developer
December 2008 – December 2009
- Responsible for photographing and listing new products online, and maintaining the product catalog.
- Responsible for link building and developing product keywords for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Wrote blog articles on CCTV and security cameras.
- Wrote documentation on internal processes.
University of Arkansas Office of Admissions
August 2007 – May 2008
- Wrote and edited information, content, and design for admissions Web site and print publications.
University of Arkansas
August 2003 – May 2008
- Bachelor of Science, Architectural Studies
- Bachelor of Art, Journalism – Concentration in news editorial
- Graduated May 10, 2008 with Distinction
- GPA: 3.546
- Fall 2007 Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s List
- Spring 2006 Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s List
- Study abroad spring 2007: completed one semester of study in Rome, Italy
University of Arkansas
- Arkansas History, Essentials of Literacy and Literacy Assessment, and Interventions in the Classroom
- Praxis I:
- Reading – 184
- Writing – 179
- Math – 176
- Praxis II:
- Middle School Content Knowledge – 176
Fall 2008 – Spring 2009
- Marketing principles, Digital photography, Basic and Intermediate Computer-Aided Drafting
- HTML 100%
- CSS 100%
- VBScript 45%
Content Management Systems
- WordPress 100%
- Joomla 40%
- DNN5 & 6 45%
- Moodle 15%
- Bootstrap 50%
- Microsoft Office 95%
- Adobe CS5 50%
- Microsoft Visual Studio 25%
- SQL Server Management Studio 25%
- IIS 7 10%
- Mac 100%
- Windows 100%
- Analytical, Problem Solving, Detailed Oriented
- Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Planning and completing project tasks in a timely fashion
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Verbal and written communication; Documentation
- Comfortable working independently and as a team member
- Training and mentoring new team members
- Quick learner
- Member for 25 years; Lifetime Member
- Girl Scout Gold Award Recipient
- Girl Scout Silver Award Recipient
- Junior Troop Leader during the 2012-2013 academic school year
- Brownie Troop Co-Leader during the 2007-2008 academic school year
- During summers of 2005 – 2007, volunteered at a Girl Scout Day Camp in Milwaukee, Wisc., assisting the director, and planning and leading activities for girls ages nine to 15.